Custom Online Game Developers
Looking to Use an Online Game for Marketing or a Serious Business Application?
Web based video games provide a great, cost effective way to target a full range of devices, all from the same version. This makes them ideal for projects with modest budgets and/or short timescales.
Online games offer the most immediate access to a wide range of gaming platforms and devices. All players have to do is enter the URL in the web browser to play. No need to download and install any additional software.
If you’re looking for a UK based online game developer to create an online game to use as a great piece of engaging content for a website, for either marketing or some serious business application, you’re in the right place.
Why Publish Video Games Online?
Publishing your interactive game online helps keep production costs down as well as offering the easiest access and widest coverage. Plus you don’t need to target each target device type separately.
Some of the reasons to go choose a web game are:
You Get Full Control of What to Publish and When
Publishing your game on mobile app stores (and other third party delivery platforms) can be time consuming and complex. You need to go through a registration and submission process, which can significantly delay timings. In some circumstances app stores may place restrictions on what the content of your game can be. This may require amendments to be made in order to get your app approved.
Online gaming gets around these problems. You’re in full control of where and when you make your game live. Plus, third party platform holders don’t get a say in what your game can be.
You Remove the Installation Barrier
Your online game is available to anyone with a compatible device and a live internet connection. All players need to do is click a link or enter the URL into their browser to play. So it’s really easy to access and try your game.
This is a big advantage over software application based solutions (such as mobile games apps and stand-alone PC games). The requirement to download and install can make it harder to try your game, so reduce your play numbers.
You Maximise Device Coverage
With an HTML5 game, you can now target a full range of devices with online games. We develop web games that are playable in the browser across mobile devices and desktop computers.
You Make Production More Cost Effective
Compatibility with a range of devices from one web game means we don’t have to worry about multiple build targets. You can focus your entire budget on the production of a single version of your game.
You Make Future Changes Easier
If you’re targeting multiple device types separately with an application then you have multiple versions of your game to update. With web games, there’s only one version to maintain, making changes or updates to your game in future much easier and less time consuming.
How Can We Use Web Browser Games?
Online computer games are ideally suited to projects where time and budget are limited. They are suitable for a wide range of uses, including:
We’re a highly experience online video game developers who produce games for use as premium, engaging content for business marketing, including:
- Engaging premium, web based content – Want to increase the “stickiness” and shareability of your website? Online games are the ultimate in interactive web based content to gain exposure and ultimately drive traffic.
- Advergames – Help promote your brand as a whole, or specific products and services by integrating an online video game into your advertising campaign.
- Business Promotions – Develop a game as a great reward for customers, or employees. Throw out the tired old branded gifts and send out a promotional video game instead.
- Live Marketing Events – If you want to use a game at an experiential marketing event, where people play on their own mobile devices, publishing your digital game online is ideal. Just share the URL for play directly in the web browser across a wide range of modern mobile devices.
We develop web games for a variety of serious business applications. Just some of the ways you can use serious online games are:
- Education – Use online gaming to make learning more engaging, from educating customers about issues relating to your business to making the wider public think about social, economic and environmental issues.
- Business Training – Inject some fun into your workshops by using interactive web games as engaging business training support materials. Developing a web based game helps keep production costs down, as well as allowing access on a range of devices both at and away from the workplace.
What Tech Do You Use to Develop Web Games?
There are two main options, when it comes to web technologies for developing browser games. When we know more about your project and your target audience, we’ll be able to advise you on the best web game development platform for your game.
- HTML5 – In an increasingly “mobile first” world HTML5 makes it possible for specialist web developers to create high quality interactive web games that are compatible with modern mobile devices, as well as desktop computers from a single URL. Unlike other online game platforms, HTML5 runs directly in the web browser without 3rd party plugins or players. We can also help with HTML5 conversions of your old Flash games.
- Flash – Although Flash has now reached the end of it life as an online game development platform, Adobe AIR is still a great choice to build flash based games as offline mobile or desktop computer apps.
Our Custom HTML5 Game Engine
Do You Offer Off-the-Shelf Customisable Online Games
Unlike many custom online game development companies we don’t offer off-the-shelf customisable/brandable games, we only create bespoke online games for a specific client. This way we make sure every client gets a game that’s designed from the ground up to meet their requirements, rather than having to pick the best fit from a limited selection of pre-built games.
Because using our own engine allows us to streamline the web game development process, we can keep production budgets and timescales under control. So developing an online game from scratch doesn’t have to cost a fortune.
Social Media Integration
To increase sheareability and spread of your game we can include social media sharing buttons in your game.
Our Custom Online Game Development Services
We’re a highly experienced web games developer and cover the full custom online game development process, from initial game design (including game concept and mock-ups) through to the final build, including artwork, animation, level design, coding, music and sound design. Plus we’re here to answer any questions and advise you every step of the way.
Don’t worry if you don’t have any ideas for what your game might be. When we know more about your specific project, we’ll be able to make some suggestions or help you flesh out any ideas you may have into workable game concepts.
Unlike many other custom online game developers, we’re not a jack-of-all trades web developer, we’re a specialist game production service provider. We have a deep understanding of the specific technical challenges associated with game development and have a wealth of skills, expertise and experience to solve those problems efficiently.
Who We’ve Developed Online Games For
We’re Bristol, United Kingdom based online game developers with around a decade of experience video game design for businesses large and small and can provide game development solutions to suit most budgets. Some of our web game development clients include London based marketing and advertising agencies, one of the biggest theatre companies in the UK (and London’s West End), one of the world’s most successful independent film & TV production/distribution companies, one of the world’s largest supermarket chains, book publishers, a well known UK motorsport venue and more.
Get in Touch
If you need a quote for an online game development project, or just some more information or advice, please don’t hesitate to get in touch and we’ll be happy to help.