Custom Video Game Developers & Designers
Looking to Use a Custom Video Game for Marketing or a Serious Business Application?
Video games are being used more and more as a great digital engagement tool for a variety of applications, including marketing, event installations and education & training.
If you’re looking for a game developer to create a game for a marketing campaign, or some serious application, we can help.
We’re predominantly developers of custom games using HTML5, with our own in-house built HTML5 game engine. This allows us to streamline the development process and target a wide range of platforms.
We also have access to a range of alternative platforms where needed, including Adobe AIR and Unity.
How Can We Use Custom Interactive Games for Our Company?
Branded games are the ultimate in fun, engaging, interactive digital content to help communicate your marketing messages to your audience.
Their unique power comes from the fact that your audience enjoys interacting with your brand, increasing dwell times and repeat exposure.
Just some of the ways you can use games to help promote your brand are:
- Advergames – Fusing advertising and entertainment, advergaming can be a great way to increase brand awareness in addition to your existing campaigns.
- Business Promotions – Looking for a more engaging alternative to stale corporate business gifts, promotional items and employee rewards? Inject some fun into your company promotions for customer, employees, or team members.
- Christmas and Other Seasonal Promotions – Looking to create a game for a seasonal sale promotion or just to send out on your mailing list over the festive period. We create Christmas themed games to help keep your company top of mind over the festive period.
- Exhibitions, Trade Shows and Events – Help attract customers and create a buzz around your exhibition stand or promotional event.
Serious games (or applied games, as they are often known) can help add fun into what are often seen as mundane corporate tasks and processes as well as making them more memorable and engaging.
We create serious games for a variety of uses, including:
- Educational Game Development – Provide engaging, fun educational materials for all ages with custom educational games.
- Corporate Training Games – Make corporate employee training more memorable, or if your company provides training services, add some engaging digital content to your workshops.
Where Can We Use Custom Interactive Games?
- Online Game Development – Publishing online provides a great, cost effective way to target a full range of devices (from mobile devices to desktop PCs), all from the same version, at the same access point (a single URL). This makes going online ideal for projects with modest budgets and/or short timescales, such as branded games.
- Mobile Game Development – With the explosion in smartphone and tablet use on the go and these becoming many peoples’ primary devices for internet browsing, casual gaming and more, mobile games can be a great way to tap into this ever growing audience.
- Desktop PCs & Macs – Windows applications, for standard PC hardware can be a great choice for developing games for offline play, either in the workplace or for external events via interactive kiosks. We develop games for deployment as standard Windows or Mac executables for a variety of business uses.
- Digital Interactive Kiosk Games – Interactive kiosks can be used to run a game in virtually any physical location. Plus with the affordability of PC touch screens, tablets with a touch screen built in, it’s easier than ever to set up a DIY interactive kiosk.
What Tech Do You Use to Develop Games
- HTML5 Game Development – HTML5 is a great choice for small scale 2D computer games. It allows play across a huge range of mobile and desktop devices via the web, without the need for a software install. Or HTML5 can be built as locally run software applications for offline use. We can also help with Flash game to HTML5 conversions.
- Other Game Engines – We have access to a number of other video game developement platforms, including Unity. Depending on project requirements, we can look at what’s best for your project and budget.
Do You Offer an Off-the-Shelf Customisable Alternative
Unlike many custom video game companies we don’t offer off-the-shelf customisable games, we develop each bespoke game for a specific client. This way we make sure every client gets a game that’s designed from the ground up specifically for them.
This ensures you get the best fit for your requirements and target audience, rather than having to pick from a limited selection of pre-built games.
Our Custom Computer Games Design & Development Services
We’re expert UK game developers. We cover the full custom video game development process, from initial designs, concepts and mock-ups through to the final build, including artwork, animation, programming, music, sound design and testing/quality assurance. Plus we’re here to answer any questions and advise you every step of the way.
If you already have a solid idea, we can help you flesh it out into a good, workable concept, or we can come up with game concepts from scratch for you.
We’ll also provide full instructions and help with getting up and running after delivery.
Unlike many custom game development studios, we’re not jack-of-all trades web developers, we’re specialist game developers. We have a deep understanding of the specific technical challenges associated with making games and have a wealth of skills, expertise and experience to solve those problems efficiently.
Please get in touch to discuss your project and it’s goals, then we’ll be able to put together a full written project proposal for you – including suggested concept(s), a detailed spec, exactly what’s required from your end and a fixed price quote.
Device Independent Design
We have extensive experience of designing for a range of target devices and screen sizes. We use responsive design techniques where applicable and can support a range of input devices, as required.
What Types of Games Can You Make?
It’s unlikely you’ll have the budget for a hi-tech 3D extravaganza, but within the realms of a 2D video game we can produce pretty much anything.
The start of the game design process usually involves figuring out who your target audience is. Then we can suggest possible concepts that will fit your requirements and appeal to your audience.
We’re expert game developers who make games to appeal to different age ranges. From simple, easy to pick-up and play puzzle games, to more complex experiences, to appeal to more experienced gamers. Anything from a simple, addictive casual puzzle game to a more complex arcade games, we’ve got it covered.
Aren’t Computer Games for Kids?
Despite what you might think, it’s not just kids that play video games, in fact that couldn’t be further from the truth. Research has shown that a large percentage of gamers are adults (the average gamer being in their 30s), and women are just as likely to play as men. So computer games are suitable for targeting a wide range of demographics, not just children or the youth market.
How Much Does It Cost?
We have years of experience carrying out video games development projects for clients and meeting the specific requirements of producing games for mobile devices. So we can have your game up and running in a relatively short time-frame and can scale game concepts and provide solutions within a range of budgets from the most modest through to more substantial budgets.
How Long Does It Take?
It all really depends on how complex the game is. We design games to fit a wide range of budgets and we can sometimes accommodate urgent projects in a short timeframe, but it’s usually best to start planning and get in touch as early as possible.
We’re a small, highly specialist game developer based in the United Kingdom. We have around two decades of experience making games for various platforms and around a decade of producing interactive games for companies.
Who We’ve Developed Custom Games For
We’re a highly experienced game developer with around a decade of custom video game development experience, taking on projects for companies large and small and can provide solutions to suit most budgets. Some of our video games development clients include London based marketing and advertising agencies, one of the biggest theatre companies in the United Kingdom (and London’s West End), one of the world’s most successful independent film & TV production/distribution companies, one of the world’s largest supermarket chains, book publishers, a well known UK motorsport venue and more.
Get in Touch
If you need a quote for a game development project, or just some more general advice, please don’t hesitate to get in touch and we’ll be happy to help.